Premier Doug Ford seems to be leaning towards a return to full-time in-class learning across Ontario this fall.
On Monday’s briefing, while highlighting Stage Three details and a slight lifting of restrictions for child care centres, the Premier addressed the concern of parents throughout Ontario.
“I know that parents want to know what school will look like this fall,” said the Premier. “Let me be clear – I want to see every child in Ontario back to school full time this September.”
Ford once again warned that the province will not take any unnecessary risks with the children of Ontario, which is why they will continue to plan for every possible scenario.
Education Minister Stephen Lecce had previously announced a trio of possibilities, including a full-time return to in class learning, continued at-home virtual learning or a hybrid of the two.
Premier Ford has said decisions will be made regionally, with local school boards given the power to decide their fate.
The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board has already voted unanimously to adopt a motion for a full-time return to in-class instruction five days a week, including an extended day program with enhanced cleaning and hygiene.